Aotearoa Bike Challenge 2023
The Aotearoa Bike Challenge is New Zealand’s biggest month-long bike event, bringing together riders of every level to promote the benefits of bike riding. The challenge is delivered by Love to Ride: behaviour change experts with over a decade of experience running bike riding campaigns.
Throughout February, riders from across the country will head out on their bikes and ride as individuals or with their workplaces to top leaderboards and win prizes.
The campaign is a great way to engage communities, businesses and individuals in a fun challenge that will help them meet their health, wellness, and sustainability goals.
The aim of the challenge is simple; to get more people enjoying the many benefits of riding a bike, including:
🚗 Reducing fuel and car maintenance costs
💪 Improving mental and physical health
🌏 Protecting our planet
The Aotearoa Bike Challenge isn’t about riding the most miles, it’s about taking part, encouraging others to join in, helping your workplace climb up the leaderboards, and riding for health, happiness and transportation.
In addition to our highly targeted communications, we also have dedicated webinars, Quick Courses and Badges to maximise engagement and behaviour change outcomes for Aotearoa Bike Challenge 2023.
Here’s what you need to know:
● Everyone is invited – from regular riders to people who haven’t been on a bike in years (or ever!)
● Individuals only have to ride for ten minutes to go into the prize draws and help their workplace climb the leaderboard (long enough to experience the joy of riding a bike and overcome some mental barriers to riding, and short enough to be an easy first step to taking up riding)
● You can ride anywhere any time – it doesn’t have to be a commute to work, any bike ride counts
● Earn points by riding and encouraging others – the workplaces that earn the most points in February will win in their industry and size categories to help keep things fair
● Share the love - encouragement is at the core of the Aotearoa Bike Challenge, and we want people to invite their co-workers, friends, and family to take part
● There are heaps of prizes to be won by participating and encouraging others to discover or rediscover riding
● The Aotearoa Bike Challenge is based on a tried and tested model – Love to Ride have engaged over 625,000 people worldwide, including over 146,000 new riders who report having never ridden a bike or only ridden a few times in the last year
If you'd like to join the challenge, you still have time to register and get out there! You can do so by clicking here.